Friday, 19 November 2010
Sunday, 7 November 2010
One of the biggest selling points of living in a house out of college this year was having an oven. Today I finally made proper use of it by baking a cheesecake! I got the recipe from the blog Coco and Me. It's written by Tamami who has a stall at Broadway Market selling chocolates and cakes. I've not been yet but the pictures on her blog make them seem to die for. She pays so much attention to presentation and everything looks mouthwatering. The recipe is totally fool proof, I just replaced the lemon juice she suggests with vanilla. Nom nom nom!
She uses cookie cutters to emboss her cheesecakes. Choosing between the different animal shaped cookie cutters I had was a difficult decision but in the end I went for giraffe!
Friday, 5 November 2010
Things that made this week bad:
1) New tuition fees
3) Essays, past papers and a test to revise for
4) Not speaking to my sister all week
5) Snapping one of my favourite necklaces
Things that made it a little happier:
1) Mocha dessert *drool*
2) Making up the lack of contact with my sister with an hour long checkers tournament over Skype
3) Going to Dojo's with 2 of my favourite people and eating yummy noodles
4) Golden autumn leaves
5) The Hold Steady announcing a UK tour!
Have a lovely weekend!